Dundas Data Visualization SupportYour Partner In Creating Digital Dashboard Solutions
Phone: 416.467.9100  |  support@dundas.com Dundas Support Home  |  Dundas Data Visualization  |  Contact Us

Jump To Action from Legend

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Dundas Chart] >> [Support] >> Dundas Chart for Reporting Services >> Jump To Action from Legend Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jump To Action from Legend - 11/7/2008 3:16:26 PM   
john_engelmann

Is it possible to filter your chart via the legend text?  I've searched the forum, but can't seem to find any information for Dadas Chart for Reporting Services.  Looking for a Jump To action, or some sort of navigation from the legend text
Post #: 1
RE: Jump To Action from Legend - 11/10/2008 12:49:25 PM   
Goran

Hello John,

Actually, there is no "Jump to" action for chart legends, but you still can filter the chart data using the custom legend's Href property (select the chart control and right click it to get its context menu -> Properties -> Advanced tab -> Select the legend in dropdown list above property grid ("Default(Legend)") -> CustomItems in property grid -> Click the small command button with 3 dots -> Add new custom legend item and set its Href property). You can do this programmatically as well using Dundas Chart for Reporting Services code editor (select the chart control and right click it to get its context menu -> View Code -> Select PostApplyData event from left dropdown list above the code editor.

Another way how you can set Href property of existing legend items (you don't need to add custom legend items in this case) is to use the same Dundas Chart for Reporting Services code editor, but different event - CustomizeLegend. Here's the code snippet how you can set Href property of first existing item in chart legend:

[C#]
if(e.LegendName == "Default")
{
e.LegendItems[0].Href = "http://www.ibm.com";
}

You can try to combine the legend item's Href property with report parameters.

I hope this can help you.

Sincerely,

Goran Tesic
     Dundas Technical Support
     http://support.dundas.com
     +1-416-467-9100 x132

(in reply to john_engelmann)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Dundas Chart] >> [Support] >> Dundas Chart for Reporting Services >> Jump To Action from Legend Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts